Please note: This website requires JavaScript to enjoy the full function range.
Please ensure that JavaScript is activated in your browser options.

Come with us on a journey through time.

For generations, Volkswagen has stood for quality, safety and innovation. "Das Auto" is always perfectly tailored to its target group - regardless whether it is sporty, elegant, especially efficient, practical or comfortable. But a Volkswagen is much more than that – it is the embodiment of freedom. Make the most of this freedom with Volkswagen Genuine Accessories, far beyond the road, and experience "Das Auto" down to the finest precisely fitting, high-quality, safe and innovative detail.

1974
VOTEX (Volume Trade & Export Gesellschaft) is founded.

1980
The trading activities of the Votex company are suspended and the globally operating automotive activities are exclusively concentrated on Votex GmbH in Dreieich. The Votex companies in USA, Brazil and Mexico are dissolved.

1984
Votex GmbH is granted approval to market some of its accessories range as Volkswagen Genuine Accessories and Audi Genuine Accessories.

1987
Goods Distribution Center and administration building set up and leased back and logistics relocated to Dreieich from the Volkswagen AG Spare Parts Center in Kassel.

1989
Votex acquires a 60% holding in AZU Autoteile und -zubehör Vertriebs GmbH from SEAT Deutschland GmbH, which retains the remaining 40%.

1990/91
approx. 400 Volkswagen and Audi dealerships in the former East Germany are supplied with accessories directly from Votex GmbH.


1992
The premises in Bad Blankenburg for reconditioning Volkswagen and Audi Genuine radios is set up and opened.

1995
Votex is certified in accordance with DIN EN ISO 9001.

1998
Votex becomes an integrated company of the Volkswagen Group servicing automobile Genuine Accessories for the brands Volkswagen, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles and Audi.

1999
An outlet store is opened in the Volkswagen Group Forum in the Lindencorso building in Berlin.

2000
A further shop is opened in the Autostadt in Wolfsburg.

2001
Votex is contracted by Volkswagen to supply selected products to the production line.

2003
Votex is now also responsible for marketing the R Line products of Volkswagen Individual GmbH. Besides marketing Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles accessories, Votex also service Audi Genuine Accessories and quattro Accessories until 2006.

2006
Besides the existing marketing of complete wheels, Votex also takes over the tyres business for Volkswagen. The Genuine Accessories range is complemented by the inclusion of brand accessories in the product range.

2007
Votex is restructured and renamed Volkswagen Zubehör GmbH.

2009
35 years of Volkswagen Accessories

Locations
Corporate philosophy